Over recent decades the location of the Museum has changed numerous times. Originally it was located in the Borgia Tower of the Vatican Museums. Later it was transferred to the Vatican Train Station, but after a complete renovation and new internal arrangement of the spaces, the Museum was moved back to its more appropriate and now definitive location inside the Vatican Museums. The Philatelic and Numismatic Museum of Vatican City is both a museum for specialists and for the inquisitive. It provides a framework of contemporary history and religion appreciated through a gallery of stamps and coins, both an expression of sovereignty, but also of specific disciplines and enjoy-able hobbies. The Museum has a collection going back to the postal history of the Papal States, the pontificate of Blessed Pius IX (1846-1878) and the pontificate of Pius XI (1922-1939) during which the first stamps and coins were issued of the newly-constituted Vatican City State (1929). Over 150 years of philatelic history and many more of numismatic history are gathered in this collection, including stamps with the double currency of Lira-Euro and the first series of Vatican Euro coins. Each year the Museum adds to its collection new stamps and coins which mark the passing of time and the continuous pre-sence of the Church in society and the world.